Job ID: 1436
Job Location: Engineering Square, LLC. 13809 Research Blvd, Ste 735, Austin, TX 78750.
The Software Test Engineer will work closely with software developers and test teams to design, develop, and execute automated test solutions that will provide robust coverage across software applications.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Design, develop, and test scalable automated test scripts for functional, integration, and regression tests.
- Develop functional, regression and user-focused test plans and strategies using requirements and design documents.
- Present and review automation framework code.
- Design and develop advanced test suites using object-oriented methodologies.
- Should be able to do both functional and Automation testing.
- Write backend integration tests and tests for RESTful APIs.
- Conduct various tests for web services using Postman and SOAP UI.
- Develop automated test scripts using Selenium and Python.
- Design and develop integration, regression, and stress tests using industry standard tools.
- Collaborate with Business Analyst and Developers to understand requirements and translate them into test cases.
- Good knowledge of Web/UI testing.
- Assist in the troubleshooting, diagnosis, and resolution of issues throughout the test phase of the RouteOne product portfolio.
- Work with other members of the test automation and development teams to ensure quality and timely release code artifacts.
- Perform all work in accordance with company’s quality programs, standards, and procedures.
- Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Visio.
- Good knowledge of Java/J2EE and Java frameworks.
- Familiar with Selenium Web driver for Java-based automated testing.
- Knowledge of test framework – TestNG or Junit.
- Familiarity with XML data parsing and namespaces.
- Familiarity with standard integrated development environment (IDE).
- Working knowledge of software version control systems.
- Experience of using Agile tools – JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Working knowledge of load/performance test tools such as JMeter.
- Basic knowledge of SQL, Jenkins pipeline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of object-oriented design and development.
- Experience with developing and testing of Web Services-based applications.
- Ability to work independently under general direction, as well as within a team, to meet common goals.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and process focused.
- Must be comfortable working in a dynamic Agile-based team environment.
- 3+ years’ work experience in a software development environment.