Job ID: 1429
Job Location: Engineering Square, LLC. 13809 Research Blvd, Ste 735, Austin, TX 78750.
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Create large scale global products for live events, on demand content, and other video applications.
- Join a team solving challenging problems and enhancing digital products for an engaged consumer experience.
- Experience with Python web frameworks (and ORM) with Django (preferred), or Flask
- Build complex applications with an emphasis on performance, scalability, and high reliability.
- Use HLS and DASH to deliver high-quality video streaming experiences.
- Apply your software experience to learn about a current data need in Analytics / Forecasting / Marketing, design a solution for it, and then work with the team to implement it.
- Use Python, Go, Postgres, Kafka, and several parts of AWS.
- Configure and optimize SRT and RTMP for streaming video content.
- Maintain and expand upon knowledge of multiple languages, frameworks, tools, devices, applications, and their capabilities.
- Troubleshoot issues inside software applications and infrastructure environments.
- Help make additions to an internal data pipeline that moves data from Postgres / MySQL / SQL Server (and custom producers) to Snowflake and Postgres.
- Collaborate with a team of extraordinary engineers and streaming media technologists.
- Influence the innovation of video products used by millions of users worldwide.
- Full lifecycle development: requirements gathering, design, develop, test, deploy, and support.
- Assist in changing the way content is consumed by users across various digital platforms.
Skills & Experience Needed:
- 3+ years of experience in streaming media and/or video broadcast engineering
- Deep understanding of compressed video and audio codecs
- Understanding of Generators and asynchronous operations in Python.
- Highly proficient in delivering high-quality video streaming experiences via HLS and/or DASH.
- Experience with SRT and RTMP for delivering video streams.
- Skilled with RTP and UDP
- Follows SMPTE best practices.
- Experience with Testing in Python (Behave, PyTest).
- Experience in OOP/functional coding in Python
- Understanding of multithreading/multiprocessing in Python.
- Prior software development background; Java, Python and/or Node
- Cloud experience with AWS and/or GCP
- Familiar with Unix and Shell Scripting
- Experience with CDN configurations
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
How to Apply: Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the ‘Job ID’.